Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Strings in Two Sizes


I have resonantly finished the machine quilting on my Aunt Arely's quilt (smiley quilter).  I did an all over pattern of leaves and loops that I do by free motion. She has used second and small size string block on the outside as a boarders. She has done the strings on old phone book pages like Bonnie Hunter does.


I love the nine patch and triple sashing she has used. One viewer saying it make the blocks look rounder. This quilt has a wool batting and will be my aunt and uncles winter quilt.


Here is the all over photo of the quilt on the rails of my long arm machine. I hope you have enjoyed seeing the little bit different string quilt.

You can check out what I am doing at Cathy Tomm Quilts. So, I hope to share a little string project of mine  with you.

5 comments:

Fabraholic said...

This is so beautiful Rosa! Congratulations.

Ginny said...

Really striking! I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Linda said...

I really love this setting. So nice!!

Jeane said...

Thanks for posting this beautiful string quilt. I have long admired this pattern but the one I saw was done in plaids. This one certainly brings hope of making one with just strings.

Holly said...

It's amazing how the setting makes those blocks into such a beautiful quilt! I don't know that I would have ever thought to use sashing & corner blocks, but I love the way it looks! I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading back through older postings. I love to make string quilts, because you just sit down and sew, and in the end, you've got a quilt with little energy, plus, the scrap box is less full!